Testing Eligible and Ineligible Users for Introductory Offers
- A fresh used Sandbox Test user will be eligible for Introductory Offers.
- You can also via the App Store Manage screen put a user back in an “Eligible” state by clicking on “Reset Eligibility” if that user previously used an Introductory Offer.
- To test ineligible users, allow the Sandbox user’s subscription to expire, typically 3 to 60 minutes, this can also be adjusted via App Store Connect.
- Once the subscription has been expired, navigate to iOS Settings > App Store > Sandbox Account.
- Click on “Manage” from the “Sandbox Apple ID” alert and resubscribe to the same Product or a Product from the same Subscription Group.
- At this time the logged Sandbox user will not be eligible for Introductory Pricing. Yikes! 😱 A bit of moving around here, but now you should no longer be eligible for Introductory Pricing.
- If the Sandbox account is behaving unexpectedly you may have to create a new account or Clear the purchase history for the test account on App Store Connect.