The 2010 National Cherry Blossom Festival will be held between
March 27 and April 11. This year’s 2010 Festival marks the 98th celebration of the original gift of the 3,000 cherry trees by the city of Tokyo to the people of Washington, DC in 1912.
Come and enjoy the spirit of the season! Once again, signature events celebrating Spring will take center stage on the following dates (click event titles for more information):
- Festival Press Conference – Thursday, March 4
- Pink Tie Party fund-raiser – Thursday, March 11
- Family Day & Opening Ceremony presented with the
National Building Museum – Saturday, March 27
- Cherry Blast: A Night of Contemporary Art + Music – Friday, April 2
- Fireworks Show with Musical Prelude – Saturday, April 3
- Lantern Lighting Ceremony – Sunday, April 4
- Gala Dinner Cruise aboard the Odyssey – Thursday, April 8
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® – Saturday, April 10
- Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival – Saturday, April 10
- Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run – Sunday, April 11
- Daily Cultural Performances on the Target Stage at Sylvan Theatre – Saturday, March 27 – Sunday, April 11
Click here to view the complete calendar listing of 2010 Festival events.