A list of sensors in the iPhone
- Barometer: an instrument measuring atmospheric pressure, used especially in forecasting the weather and determining altitude. Apple docs.
- High-g accelerometer: measures changes in velocity along one axis. Apple docs.
- LiDAR Scanner: Lidar stands for light detection and ranging, and has been around for a while. It uses lasers to ping off objects and returns to the source of the laser, measuring distance by timing the travel, or flight, of the light pulse. Apple docs.
- High dynamic range gyro: A gyroscope measures the rate at which a device rotates around a spatial axis. Apple docs.
- Proximity sensor: add proximity events to an iOS app. Apple docs.
- Dual ambient light sensors
- Face ID
SensorKit: Retrieve data and derived metrics from an iPhone’s sensors, or from a paired Apple Watch.